When using the Instagram service, sometimes users get an error - “Oops, an error occurred”, in Russian this phrase sounds - “Oh, an error has occurred. This humorous phrase does not tell us anything concrete. It can mean problems both on your side, on the side of your application, and problems with the server on the developer’s side. Exactly the same message can be seen when we try to access the web version of Instagram, the message is displayed in the left part, in the corner.
Most likely the “Oops, an error occurred” window appears due to an error caused by the service. In this case, we can only do one thing - sit and wait until the developers repair their service for further work. But in order not to waste time, we can take several actions to determine if the cause of the error is in our devices. To do this, follow a few steps:
- We write an appeal to technical support Instagram. To do this, follow the link - https://help.instagram.com/ .
- We create an appeal to support, it is necessary to describe your attempts to enter the service, write that your account may have been hacked.
- The operator will answer you and ask you to confirm your data, identity and account, we do everything according to the instructions and confirm the actions. After you receive a link to your email that leads to your password reset page. Now reset the password and create a new one. The error remains unsolved. Make another application because of this error.
- After a while, you will receive a message stating that your problem has been resolved.
Interesting: How to see who saved my photo on Instagram .
The content of the article:
- Решения проблемы со входом на сервис Instagram – Oops, an error occurred 1 Solutions to logging in to Instagram - Oops, an error occurred
- Другие причины ошибки – Oops, an error occurred в Инстаграм 2 Other causes of error - Oops, an error occurred on Instagram
Solutions to problems with logging into the Instagram service - Oops, an error occurred
At that moment, when someone tries to open a favorite application, but suddenly there are some errors, the perturbation of visitors increases. But unfortunately, one indignation does not help the cause. It is important to understand that the service serves a huge number of people around the world online. The equipment may also fail, in which case the owners try to establish a stable service operation as soon as possible. When the error message “Oops, an error occurred” appears at this time, technical work or prevention, the introduction of new developments, etc. can be conducted on the servers.
Each state has its own servers of a single application, in our case, it is Instagram servers. Prevention and other work on servers can be carried out only in a certain country, for example - in Russia. If you try to log into the application using the IP address of another country, you can successfully get into your Instagram account for the reason that the service does not perform any work in another country and is stable. So, being in Russia, you can try to change the identification address of the state to any other, for example, Ukraine or Belarus.
For this, browsers that provide VPN connection services are also used. Among others, such a browser is Opera. To enable VPN in a browser and access the site from another country:
- Turn it on and enter the settings, this can be done like this: in the address bar, enter opera: // settings / and press enter.
- In the menu that opens, find the item "Security".
- In the "Enable VPN" check box.
- After activating the VPN next to the address field, you can see a button that has 3 positions: gray - the function is disabled, orange - in the connection stage, blue - the function is activated.
- Now turn on VPN, go to the Instagram page and select the country in the lower part of the function settings window that appears.
- In order to verify that your IP has really changed to the country you have selected from the list, go to any testing service, for example, 2ip.ru.
It should be added that if the service does not open again in that country and the message “Oops, an error occurred” pops up, which you selected from the list in the VPN window, then try another one. After viewing your account, when you are convinced that no one has stolen it, everything is fine with it, the tape has been viewed, you can delete the Opera browser as useless and wait until the service has adjusted its application in your country.
Other causes of error - Oops, an error occurred on Instagram
It is necessary to describe a few simple reasons that could create a problem with the input "Oops, an error occurred".
- Make sure the password and username you enter are correct. Some users copy the password from other applications, such as password stores, or notepad. In this case, you could insert an extra space.
- It is possible that your account was hacked by attackers. Try to restore it using email. Use the same method if you have forgotten your password.
- If you see a message, like - "Unknown network error" or something like that - check your connection, there may be problems on your side.