Nowadays, computer games have reached the maximum level of realism. Most of them require a special video adapter, which would support all the necessary technologies for graphics processing. If you run a demanding game on a computer with a weak video card, you can get the error message "Your graphics hardware doesn’t support all features (CSM) needed to run this game." The error translates: your graphics card does not support all the necessary functions that are required to run this game. Most often, it appears when you start CS: GO.
The content of the article:
- Причина ошибки — стандартный системный драйвер 1 Error Cause - Standard System Driver
- Обновляем драйвера видеокарты 2 Updating video card drivers
- Устранение ошибки «Your graphics hardware…» заменой файлов .dll 3 Resolving the “Your graphics hardware ...” error by replacing .dll files
- Другие методы устранения ошибки 4 Other methods of eliminating errors
The cause of the error is the standard system driver.
It is possible that the computer's graphics adapter has all the functions to support the game. But when installing or reinstalling the Windows operating system, the system driver is installed by default. It supports only the basic functions that are needed to display the desktop, view videos with low and medium resolution and other actions. To activate all the technologies and functions of the video card, you need to download and install a special driver for this model.
If the adapter was purchased with a computer in a store, then the user should keep the original driver disk. In this case, the disc must be inserted into the drive of the computer and install all the necessary software. After rebooting, the computer will not show a message with the error "Your graphics hardware does not support all features (CSM)", but will run games without problems.
If you do not have the original driver, you need to download it from the official website of the video card manufacturer. To find out the name of the manufacturer, you can peep it on the box in which the video card was delivered. If there is no box, and the video card was bought from other users with it, then the GPU-Z utility is perfect in this situation. It is small in size and does not need to be installed. Run the utility and in the “Name” column you can see its model and company. You just need to go to the official website and find the driver you need in the search window.
Updating video card drivers
A large number of video adapters are now outdated, and the developers have stopped supporting it. Often the necessary driver on the developer's site is simply not found. In this case, you need to provide this task to the system.
- You need to open the "Device Manager" on your computer. It can be found through the search box in the "Start" menu. Or via the command line (WIN + R) enter the command: devmgmt.msc.
- Find the line "Display adapters" in the list and click on it.
- The dropped out line will contain the name of the video card. We need to click on it with the right mouse button and select one of the “Update drivers” items.
- In the next window, select "In automatic mode" for the system to independently find the necessary driver and install it on the computer.
It may be relevant to you: Video card is not visible in the device manager .
Resolving the "Your graphics hardware ..." error by replacing .dll files
If all necessary drivers are installed on your PC, but the error “Your graphics hardware doesn’t support all the features” (CSM) needed to run this application anyway appears, then you need to try to replace some files of the dynamic library. To do this, follow the link https://www.dll.ru/files/d3d9-dll.html and download 2 files: one for a 64-bit system, the other for 32. But before that you need to select the version of the operating system, which is installed on your computer.
Then you need to replace the files with the same name "d3d9" that are on the system disk (usually the C: \ drive) with the ones just downloaded.
- Open the system volume, select the Windows folder and look for the System folder in it.
- Next, in the search bar of this folder, to simplify the task, we write the query “d3d9” without quotes and replace it with the downloaded file for the 32-bit system. After downloading, it is advisable to rename the folder with the file and specify the bit width in order not to get confused later.
- After that, open the Windows folder again, look for SysWOW64 in it, open it and write “d3d9” in the search bar. It should be replaced with a downloaded file for a 64-bit system. Each action is confirmed by pressing the button "Apply" and "Ok."
These actions are available only to the administrator of the computer or other users who have all the rights. If you do not have enough rights and the computer notifies you about this, then you need to set up your account or contact a more experienced user.
Other methods of eliminating the error
The cause of many errors on the computer are viruses. Be sure to check your file system with antivirus software. If an antivirus is installed on your computer, run a deep scan and check all disk volumes. You can use special treatment utilities that check the system more carefully. If the error “Your graphics hardware doesn’t support all features (CSM) needed to run this game” occurs after applying all the recommendations, then you should consider purchasing a new, more powerful video adapter for your computer.